Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Hooray for DK!!!

I got this new yummy MCN (80/10/10 merino/cashmere/nylon) DK weight yarn and decided to see what this would look like knit up in a sock. I like it! I'm telling you, you can shave YEARS off of your life by knitting socks with DK weight rather than fingering weight yarn! The problem, usually, is that the fabric ends up too dense to be a comfortable sock. I knit these on size 3 needles and they are a little dense but the yarn content really makes them very nice. They are squishy enough to pass I think. We'll see when I get to start wearing them!

I have knit this much in 3 nights of TV watching, which is amazing progress for me. I may actually have one pair of socks completed within a year at this rate!

The pattern is one I am just making up as I go along and the yarn was the yarn for our February Club Dragon Witch shipment. This one was mine, not Kate's. I find it ironic that as soon as we stop doing sock patterns with the club, I start knitting socks instead of other stuff with the club yarn! The pattern for February was a beaded scarf but I just really wanted to try this yarn with a sock. So far, so good!



I have a new group of nursing students starting with me tomorrow. Wish me luck!! :)

No comments: