Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Kilts and Updates!

OK - you guys were cracking me up yesterday with all of the kilt comments!!! I love it! Wayne did too - he was laughing as he was reading through them. It seems that the general consenus is obviously that he SHOULD purchase a kilt to wear to Stitches South. And, ya know, the funny thing is that a couple of people who actually own companies that sell kilts emailed us!!! So now he has even more to choose from. I am always amazed at who reads this blog or gets a hold of the information in it somehow.

But yes, I agree, I think the kilt will be hawt and definitely entertaining. I can see my dad reading this blog post right now rolling his eyes at Wayne and his antics.........again. Haha! Good thing they get along so well! Speaking of my dad........we'll be going to visit him tomorrow after we get done at Only Ewe and Cotton Too. We will get to see how the house addition is coming along. I think we are going to try to do a field trip from Only Ewe and Cotton Too to the farm sometime in April/May maybe. We are going to try and coordinate it with alpaca shearing day if possible. Should be fun!!! We'll put up details when we know more about it.

A few people have emailed me to ask if I could bring certain products to the shop so that they can see them and so they can save a little on shipping. We are happy to do this and we have cleared this with Elyse and have worked out the details with her. So, if you would like me to bring anything specific please let me know and I'll be happy to do so. We will be there tomorrow, Thursday January 14th around noon.

Wayne put a bunch of new bowls on the site yesterday so those are up and ready for perusal. Luckily, he worked ahead back when the weather was warm as he hasn't been able to do any glazing for weeks now. The temperature has to be above a certain point AND it has to be dry outside otherwise he just does not get good results with the glaze (plus he stands outside and freezes if it is really cold!). He has a lot of bisqued pottery ready to go though when he can glaze again. Hopefully he will be able to get some done this Friday. I know there are still some of you out there waiting on custom bowls. We are working on it - I promise!

This is a sad WIP Wednesday - I have NOTHING on the needles!! I am sort of itching to do another cardigan. Any suggestions?? I also like this pattern so I might figure out some yarn to get it started. I also have a test knit to do for a really cute top that the designer has made with our DK weight yarn so I guess I should get started on that first. I can't wait to share the pattern with you all - I love it!!

No comments: