Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A trip to Atlanta - Part II

I didn't want to put all my pictures of Atlanta in one post so here are some others I thought were interesting:

I thought the architecture of this building was cool. This is obviously one of the older buildings in downtown.


You can't really see it well in this picture because of the trees but this old building butts right up against this new skyscraper. I thought the contrast was interesting.


Here are just some random building shots.


Look at all the taxis! No wonder you can never find a taxi in Atlanta - they are all parked in downtown!

It's funny how quickly you repress (I mean forget) what it is like to live in a major metropolitan area like that. I could not believe how many cops we saw - in police cars, walking the streets, on segways, you name it. We must have seen close to 100 cops/downtown security in the 3-4 hours we were there. We pretty much stayed in a 6 block area or so. Then I started thinking - I can't even remember the last time I saw a Blue Ridge cop. I guess it was back when they came to pick up the drunk, naked guy out of our driveway. Ahhhh.........good times.

Tomorrow - actual knitting content - I promise!

2 comments:

KSee said...

Oh, I remember that post!

HODGEPODGESPV said...

you remind me that once we get sir charles driving again, i must do downtown shots.