Monday, July 9, 2007

Question........

OK - anyone out there read the Yarn Harlot's blog? Can someone please explain to me HOW in the hell she has time to knit so much AND do all of the crazy stuff that she does? It just took me 2 weeks to finish a man thong, ok. I think I need to quit my job so I have more time to knit and shoot videos.

I need to post a picture of the man thong. Coming soon I promise..............

Remember that last blog entry I posted about the weenie warmer? Well, the woman who wrote me the email made a weenie warmer for her husband and sent me the picture! Great!!! Another husband willing to model risque knitting projects! I love it! Knitters out there - knit your man a weenie warmer and then send me the picture!! I should start an "adults only" section on my website! Hahaha.......

1 comment:

theyarnwhisperer said...

I love the charity idea. I knit socks one year for some Bosnian orphans through the socknitters site. One of my current projects I am working on is a demise gown for babies. I'm a labor and delivery nurse and I see times when a mom comes to the hospital in preterm labor. Some of these times she ends up delivering, despite efforts to stop the labor, and times that these babies born early don't make it. The moms weren't even prepared to be having a baby so soon and are certainly unprepared for having their baby die. There aren't a lot of tiny gowns out there that fit tiny babies. Its nice when we can have something that will fit the baby for some pictures for the mom to remember her baby by and then for a keepsake as well. I've knit one gown already that was used for a 25 week baby and am working on another one right now. I'll going with my husband on a business trip next week and plan on doing nothing but reading and knitting, and hopefully typing up my handwritten patterns and posting them for others who may want to knit some baby gowns. I don't know of any official charities that take the gowns, but I bet if somebody knit something and showed up at a maternity ward at a hospital and offered up the gown, they would be more than glad to take it! 13 years ago, I was one of those women who delivered early and lost her baby and I know how precious it is to have some kind of keepsake to have to remember your baby by.
Ok. Enough sad stuff. It sounds like we share some similar ideas and interests (besides knitting). Could you possibly be a Harry Potter fan as well?