Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeep!

Well, sheep wool anyway. Where have we been? Oh wait, I know - all over the place! A couple of weekends ago we had the pleasure of going to visit Jen and Jared at the Fleury Sheep and Wool headquarters in Clarkesville. What a fun day! It was made even more fun by the extra company that we met up there! Grace and Regan had me laughing so hard that my face hurt on the way home!

We took a few pictures of the operation for you. Lemme tell ya, this is the cleanest fiber processing place I have ever been in!



I got my cria and alpaca yarn back and I have to tell you, they did a SPECTACULAR job with it! I cannot believe that they were able to make such soft, plushy yarn out of my dad's yard alpacas! They didn't even blend it with anything. I can't wait to figure out what to make with it! Here's me holding a couple skeins of it while Grace and Regan take pictures of Wayne.



First though, I have got to finish my husband's sweater! I only have about 4 inches left to go on the sleeve and then I can seam it all together and put on the collar. I'm running precariously low on yarn so that's making me a little nervous. I foresee a brown collar in his future rather than green. He says he doesn't care though, so that is good! I'm going to try and get the sleeve finished up tonight. We'll see.

No comments: