Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Sometimes.......

.......your day just does not go as planned, ya know? Every morning I ask Wayne what he has planned for the day. Everyday he tells me "nothing" or "I don't know". This is the complete opposite of me. I have a plan most everyday! I have a schedule of things that need to be done day-to-day or else things won't get done and I can't stand having things pile up so I like to be able to spread out my work so I do a little bit everyday.

Yesterday, I asked Wayne (per usual) what his plans were. He shocked me by saying he was going to work on getting the shed cleaned out and do some pottery. He had already swept the downstairs and the front porch!!! So - yay!!!!

Instead, he got sidetracked (as he usually does) and started working on the yard, which of course, isn't a bad sidetrack at all! He mowed and trimmed and weedwacked all day. The yard looks great but he was out in the heat until about 1 so he came in looking really tired and kind of flushed. I told him to just take it easy for a while and go take a cool shower. So he did.

I was really surprised when he was out of the shower in about 2 minutes. I thought - well, he just wanted to rinse off, right? Then he comes in and tells me that he needs to go to Home Depot. I was like "ummm.....what happened?". He said that he leaned over to do something with Nessie and put a little pressure on the spigot in the shower and the darn thing totally broke off! So, of course, water was going everywhere and he had to shut off the shower. He asked me if I wanted new fixtures for the shower so I said sure! Might as well upgrade, right?

So, off he went to Home Depot. My bathroom originally looked like this.



In about 20 minutes it looked like this.



Thank goodness Wayne can do all of this stuff though!!! In a couple of hours he was all finished and we had a brand new set of fixtures in the shower that worked!


Yay for handyman husbands!!!!!!

4 comments:

Katey said...

Can Wayne come "break" some stuff at my house so that I can justify replacing it? Like the kitchen counters? That should be easy to break, he can just bring a sledgehammer and demonstrate it and inadvertently smash the countertop. Right? That makes total sense. If he can do this tonight, that'd be great, Trav is out of town, so no one would stop us.

On second thought, this is probably a bad idea...

Anyhow, where's today's photo of Nessie?

Turtle said...

lol we had this happen once, happened to be xmas eve. Thank goodness for home depot staying open late, even with the holiday!

azteclady said...

Absolutely hooray for handyman husbands!

Now I want to learn to do more stuff myself...

Sarah {The Student Knitter} said...

hurray for ADORABLE handyman husbands! hehehe