Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I know, I know

I promised you some pictures of the stuff I did in the yard the other day (it's funny - everytime I mean to type yard I actually type yarn - hmmmm......I wonder why). Anyway, I know you are all waiting with baited breath to see what small changes we have made. Well, ok maybe not - but my mom and dad probably want to see! So, here it goes.

See the area to the right of the flower beds? That area that is full of tall grass and weeds? Well, work with me here, it's the best "before" shot that I could come up with! We decided to just use some of our left over rocks and make a little island there that would cut down on the weed craziness.




Then there was this area down by the dock. It wasn't bad really - just boring. This picture is from before we even bought the house.



We went and bought a bunch of dirt and some flowers. Our neighbor gave us some mint plants out of her garden and I thought this would be the perfect place for mint to grow out of control! It may choke out the flowers next year but that's ok. For this year we will have some pretty flowers down there!

5 comments:

Sarah B. said...

You guys have such a beautiful place! You've done a great job of making it yours.

Turtle said...

lovely as always, hey if you were closer i have two wheelbarrels of raspberry bushes outside. Going to plant today but don't think i have room for all of them! (recycled from a neighbors yard)

Turtle said...

Hey B, are you guys ever going to offer up t's or tanks with your logo? (or have i completely been missing them!)thanks!

Diane Bogino said...

Can I come and see in person?

Your Mom

judith said...

Mint will not really choke the flowers out, it will just fill in the gaps. I have had mint growing with my Gerber Daisies for years. Just know once it's planted, it's really hard to get rid of. Not near as hard as garlic chives or any chives for that matter. I think chive can grow under concrete.