Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Before we talk about the weekend.........

I have to show you what was in our pond before we left on Friday morning. I was on the phone with my dad and I kept hearing this really loud "quack, quack, quack, quack" in the background and Wayne was running outside to see what was going on. Turns out - we had a pair of Mallard ducks in our pond!!!!!



Aren't they so stinkin' cute????? These ducks are MUCH bigger than the other ones we have had and would definitely not fit in the duck house. Wayne says these guys usually nest on the ground anyway. We haven't seen them back again but we sure enjoyed them while they were here! I think we are a stop on duck migration routes so I don't know where all these ducks are really headed. It seems that we only get to enjoy them for a few short weeks during the year.

I was going to show you a video of why the ducks were quacking so much but I can't get the darn thing to upload! But, per usual - it was Goose thinking he could walk on water and get to the ducks. It seems that Goose is always looking to cause some trouble! He came in the house yesterday soaking wet. He had obviously been up to no good and had fallen in the pond! Serves him right but honestly, I don't think he even cares that he gets wet!

No comments: