Friday, February 26, 2010

I'm back! (sort of)

Whew!! We have had a really busy week around here! We are driving BACK to Atlanta again tonight for a birthday dinner celebration. Needless to say, I haven't had much time for knitting lately!

I started officially teaching my first class for University of Phoenix this week. So far, I love it! This first group of students have been great and I am busy learning all the ropes of getting all their questions answered, assignments graded and learning how to enter everything into the gradebook appropriately. There are LOTS of things for me to keep up with and it is just a matter of developing my own system. Once I get that down things will be much easier!

Of course, you all know about our neighbor. No word yet on the specifics of what is going on but I think she is doing ok. She is definitely right where she needs to be though - in the hospital! I am much happier with her care on this last episode. The last time we had to take her to the hospital I was very UNHAPPY with her care and both the hospital and The Joint Commission (the governmental regulation office for hospitals) got a nice long nasty-gram from me.

And, I'm keeping up with my own schoolwork. So far, so good in the PhD program. They haven't kicked me out yet!

We have a NEW super, super cute baby pattern coming out soon that will be at Stitches that is made with our DK weight yarn. I've been busy getting all the yarn dyed up for the kits for this and I'll hopefully be done with that next week. I can't wait to show you pictures of the pattern when I have it - baby stuff is SO CUTE!!!

AND - we have a new addition to the family! We have a brand new filly that was born at my dad's farm on Wednesday!!!!! We haven't seen her yet and don't have any pictures but I bet we'll be making a trip down there really soon to see her!

I did actually start a new project. This is Stulpen. I did manage to start on the cables but I had to rip it all out because I apparently cannot correctly read a chart. It will go better on the second try I'm sure! I am making this with the Merino/Cashmere/Nylon yarn that is on our discount page. It's on the discount page because it was a little "overhandled" during processing but I think it is working out just great!!

Have a great weekend everyone!!!

1 comment:

Sarah B. said...

I can't wait to see your baby stuff! Have fun in Atlanta, glad you get to go for a fun reason this time!