Okay - we have worked out the details for the new contest! ALL monies donated will be going to Charity:Water to help support their efforts in Haiti of getting clean drinking water to those who have been affected by this terrible tragedy. So, what's better than donating to a great cause and winning some yarn in the process, right?!?!
Here's how it works:
- Go to the Charity:Water website and donate. Each $5 you donate will buy you one square. You can "buy" as many squares as you like. There are 100 total spots available.
- All donations must be received by midnight on Friday February 5th or before the squares are full in order to be eligible for the prize giveaways. When the squares are full we will make an announcement here on the blog and in the Ravelry group.
- Email us to let us know that you donated and how much by emailing us at email@example.com. Your name will go in a hat however many times you have donated (if you have donated $10, for instance, your name will go in the hat twice).
- In the interest of compling with any "gambling laws" we will say here that you do not HAVE to donate in order to be entered. If you would like to be entered without donating you can send an email to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive one entry into the contest.
- On February 6th Wayne and I will randomly draw the names to place on the grid. Then we will randomly draw the numbers (0-9 on the top and side) to place on the grid. This way, the names are on the grid before we see where the numbers are just to ensure complete randomness.
- At the end of each quarter for the Superbowl on February 7th, we will look at the score of the game and whoever has the 2 numbers that correspond with the last 2 numbers on the score will be the winner for that quarter (for instance, if the score is 10-24 Saints then we would look for the person who has the 0 and 4 square respective to the teams)
- There will be 2 prizes from Knit Witch and 2 prizes from Dragonfly Fibers - THANK YOU KATE!!!
- Kate is donating 2 skeins of yarn and I am donating a skein of yarn and a $20 gift certificate to Knit Witch.
- After we make the grid we will find someway to post it for everyone before the game so that you can all follow along at home!
- We'll make a special thread in the Knit Witch group on Ravelry for football trash talk!! :)
If you have any questions or if there is anything I forgot to mention here - please post a question here as a comment or in the group and we'll get it answered for you.
Now GO DONATE to a great cause and get your chance to win some great prizes and have some fun with your fellow knitters!! Anyone who was not interested in the game will now be interested - this contest will probably make some husbands really happy - in fact, they might offer money for the donation - haha!!! :)