Friday, November 21, 2008

My Corner of the World

Raise your hand if you recognize THIS!

Yes folks, that is the famous Big Chicken in Marietta, GA. That was a spontaneous, hurry up and grab the camera because the blog is going to LOVE this kind of moment. We took the picture on our way here to eat the best Italian food in the WORLD I tell ya (shameless plug - whatever).

Here's a big plane out in front of Dobbins AFB - again one of those hurry up and grab the camera for the blog moments.

As you can tell, we made another trip to Atlanta this week. We stayed overnight so I got a few nighttime skyline pictures for you. They didn't really turn out very well though. Someday we will take a ride into the REAL downtown and get some really good skyline pictures for ya!

Now, the picture you have all been waiting for - the Space Shuttle! Why yes, I do consider space "my corner of the world". Who saw this last night? In GA, it started out in the SW sky at 6:13 and moved across the sky for about 4 minutes before descending in the NE sky. You can see it again tonight, Saturday and Sunday night. HERE is the schedule. Obviously, this is the schedule for where we live but you can navigate around the NASA site and find your own area and viewing times. You can totally tell this is the shuttle, right? You can practically wave to the folks onboard!

Oh, and here's a peak at some of the new sock yarn on the website. I'm sending out the Knit Witch newsletter today so if you want to be on the list and you aren't just email me at theknitwitch@gmail.com with your email address and I will add you!

Have a great weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's so cool you can see the space shuttle. Did the folks on board wave back? Your colors, per usual are gorgeous. :) Enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

oooo,,, yaaarrrnnnnn!!!!! (drool)


Now I am hungry for chicken livers. I find them here, but I can not cook them.

vickyd said...

Me...Me (*raises hand with gusto*) Don't you know that you can't go anywhere in Marietta without passing The Big Chicken?