Monday, October 6, 2008

The Weekend

We have had a BUSY weekend! There is always so much stuff to do around this place. I'm not sure that we are ever going to get it all done.

We worked on the flower bed - remember this from last week?


Well now it looks like this. We still have work to do on it but we managed to do a lot over the weekend.



We went for a walk and I took a picture of this flower. I have no idea what it is (I'm sure one of you out there can tell me!) but it sure is beautiful!


On one of our walks we spotted a blue heron in the pond across the street.


Here's a cute picture of Willow trying to "sneak up on" the geese. I wasn't the least bit worried about the safety of the geese......they would scare her to death if she got too close.

5 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

The garden looks great! And hee! Cats think they're so tough but the second nature turns it's attention on them, they're cowards.

Anonymous said...

The flower bed looks great! I have no idea what that flower is but it's super pretty. I need to spend some QT in the yard this weekend. Thanks for the inspiration. :)

Anonymous said...

You have done a great job on the garden! Wow, a lot of work!

Linda said...

Scarlet Hibiscus
Hibiscus coccineus
Malvaceae (Mallow) Family

I just love a challenge.

Farmer Jen said...

Yes, the bright pink flower reminded me of some of a hibiscus also. Your flower garden looks great.