Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Midnight is late

I know, you guys can call us woosies if you want to but it's true - midnight is LATE and that's what time we got home last night. We drove down to Kennesaw (about an hour away) to go see my son play his first gig with his band!!!! It was fun. The music was loud, there was a lot of screaming vocals, the place was about 110 degrees (no lie) with no air and no seating but we still managed to have a good time! I'm surprised they don't regularly have kids passing out and hitting the floor in that place. Here's a picture of Nathan jamming on one of his guitars:



On the way there we stopped in Canton to partake in some of the BEST FREAKING ITALIAN FOOD ANYWHERE! Not that I am biased or anything...........heh.............the divine powers that be definitely put me into the right family. We sure do miss living close to a Provino's or Scalini's but it's probably better for our waistlines that we don't.

This morning we got up and picked about 5 pounds of blueberries in our backyard. So, I made these:


One batch with reduced sugar and one batch with honey. There is WAY too much sugar in the average jam recipe so I got rid of some of it. I gotta say, I'm getting much better at the jam and it is so cool to go pick blueberries out of your own yard and make jam! We love it!

Here's my cuteness kitten pile picture of the day:

5 comments:

Jet LeBlanc said...

So, what's the family connection to Provino's? We ate there all the time when I lived in Atlanta and I sure do miss it. There's nothing quite like it here, though Portofino's comes sort of close.

Oh and...mmmmm....blueberry jam!!

Farmer Jen said...

Your blueberry jam is lovely! Inspires me to go make some of my own.

Unknown said...

I worked graveyard for 12 years and just recently joined the rest of the world who are awake during daylight hours, and you know what? Midnight IS late!

Just how many cats do you have? Love the pictures of them.

Anonymous said...

I LOOOOVEEEE Italian food. I'm going to write down the name of that restaurant and try to go there where I come to Atlanta for Stitches.

I'm planning to stay a few extra days for sightseeing, hearing music, etc. So much to see and do!!

Thanks.

Anonymous said...

I LOOOOVEEEE Italian food. I'm going to write down the name of that restaurant and try to go there where I come to Atlanta for Stitches.

I'm planning to stay a few extra days for sightseeing, hearing music, etc. So much to see and do!!

Thanks.