Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Almost Halfway

With the master's swatches that is. I have been trying to push them along and keep them moving but I simply have had almost no time for knitting lately.

Here's the lot of 'em:


I have done through #8, though 8 is not blocked yet. I'm really glad I changed yarns even though it has been a pain in the neck. The blocking is coming out MUCH better! Amazing how that works when you actually DO use 100% wool instead of just pretending that you are using 100% wool!

Yarn bowl update - We just need to glaze a fire them. I'm hoping to get them glazed tomorrow and have them done no later than Sunday. Everyone who has emailed me to be on the notification list will get an email when they are ready. We actually have two kiln loads to do so hopefully we can do one on Friday and then another on Saturday night. It's always fun to see what's in store when we open up the kiln!

Hint - if you see one you like, go ahead and get it because it is going to be a while before we will be churning out any more batches. There will be a lull for a little while.

In other news, keep your contest guesses coming!! Don't forget so that you can win a $20 gift certificate to Knit Witch!!

7 comments:

Calicoknits said...

Glad you're back - I was starting to worry. Still loving my yarn bowl.

theyarnwhisperer said...

Where the hell have you been and what the hell have you been up to?! I think since I am excluded from the contest that you should refresh my memory about what mischief you are making. Besides, I need a pick-me-up, Steven is now on an airplane headed to Africa for 12 friggin days!!!!

Carol said...

You're driving me nuts!

Carol said...

OK, you won the lottery and you're moving your ops to a store.

Warlock said...

You're abducting me and taking me out on a boat with my hands and feet tied with yard and throwing me into a lake or pond?

Knit Witch said...

My, my, my......dosen't my husband have a vivid imagination?!?! Though, I might consider the "tie you up" part. Heh, heh, heh.......that was the evil Knit Witch laugh!!

MrsFife said...

How about you're buying a houseboat with which you'll sail down the rivers of America, selling your handmade products? A moving store, don't you know!