Wednesday, January 30, 2008

BEHOLD.............!!!!!!!!!

{Angel music playing in the backgroud........}





Drumroll please.............................






The FOURTH spinning attempt:



Oh yeah - that's what I'm talkin' about! This, my devoted Knit Witch followers, is what I like to refer to as a "TOTAL SPINNING SCORE"! Yeah, I know, I know - it ain't perfect but I think it's pretty darn good and I am actually learning about making adjustments and drafting length and twist. More importantly, I am actually having fun with it rather than wanting to throw the demon spinning wheel out the window. Fun and minimal anger are always a bonus in my (and Mr. Man's) book. Only once last night did he have to say "OK - I'll stop talking".


While I did that - he made these:


These are the beginning stages of buttons. Here's a closer view.


These are still very much experimental - they have not been fired or glazed yet and we are going to do some "plain" ones too that just get glazed but I think they are looking pretty good so far!

3 comments:

evilsciencechick said...

hooray! that looks great! you should come back to knitch the second sunday of any month - it's when we do our spin in. I get a lot of good tips there :)

and the buttons looks pretty!

Katey said...

You're doing an amazing job! That looks so great!

Calicoknits said...

don't let the harlot see the leaves. It could get ugly given her recent obsession.