Sunday, September 2, 2007

Sunday Socks

Just socks today - no plants. Here are the socks I cast on yesterday with the Knit Picks yarn I got yesterday in the mail.



They are kinda on the small side but I figure they can be for a more "small footed" friend/family member for around Christmas time. They fit over my feet just fine so far. I was getting a little irritated with the pooling action but I think it is going to look kinda cool when it is done. I'm using a modification of a pattern from the "Knit Socks!" book. You know, the book that looks really stupid because it is shaped like a sock? I hate that the book is shaped like a sock but it does have some good information and good beginner patterns in it. This one is really easy.

On another note, DH is out in the garage right now building me some long awaited shelves for my shot glasses. I have hundreds of them from all around the world but they have been wrapped up in boxes for about 4 years now because I haven't had anywhere to put them up. We did a little rearranging in the living room so now he is building some shelves just for them. I'm looking forward to getting them all up and visible again! I know, it makes us look like alcoholics but we really aren't! I can't even remember the last time I actually used a shot glass for drinking a shot! Although, my husband would probably like it if I did as I'm sure I would end up naked in no time........

Pictures of the shot glass shelf to follow soon!

1 comment:

theyarnwhisperer said...

I have that funny shaped book too! I think its mandatory now, isn't it? I had to work all weekend so there was no knitting for me.
Hubby and I had a date day today and we went to the other side of Newnan for an arts and crafts festival and I got in some knit time on the way there.
Unfortunately, I have to turn right around and go pull a 12 tomorrow. Ugggggh!