Friday, April 22, 2011

Windy

We had some severe wind here a few weeks ago. We are in this little valley between mountains and the wind really whips through here. It was especially bad one night and we were under tornado warnings. It was a little scary.

This flower pot full of lavender got blown over. I know this does not seem like a big deal but this thing is heavy. I tried to move it a few days before the storm and I couldn't because the roots had grown so far into the ground through the hole in the bottom of the planter. No problem. I can move it where ever I want to now.



This is an arbor we have at the bottom of our yard stairs. This thing has spikes on the bottom of it that go into the ground about a foot.



And, down by our creek we had a tree casualty, unfortunately. It took out one of our railings but it should be easily fixed (especially since Wayne will be the one fixing it and not me!). I see some chainsawing in his future!



No comments: