Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Snowpocalypse!

Well, we've been stuck here for a few days. Luckily, I'm not bored - I always have plenty to do! And, I can think of MUCH worse places to be stuck - like the Atlanta airport for example! We got about 7 inches of snow but since it hasn't been above freezing in several days, the roads are really a mess and very icy. Atlanta has it worse than we do up here because down there the temps have been warm enough to melt things a little during the day and then they just refreeze at night making the roads a nightmare. Plus, there's a bunch of crazy pants drivers down there to make it all even worse, right?

We are supposed to head to Atlanta today but I'm not sure that's going to happen. I guess we'll see if it's any better on the roads this afternoon. If anyone down there has been up and down 75 and/or 575 - lemme know what it's like down there. It looks pretty bad on the news! I'm supposed to go to a meeting at Emory tomorrow but Emory has been closed for the past 3 days and I'm not sure if they will re-open again tomorrow.


4 comments:

Katey said...

Do I need to ask which one of you is crazy-pants enough to go out barefoot?

Jane said...

Hmmmm, wonder who that bare footprint belongs to????

Knit Witch said...

Geeeee..........I wonder!!!!! I'll give ya a hint. I am DEFINITELY not that crazy pants!

Unknown said...

If you get 11Alive up there, watch it, they have the quickest traffic updates. The interstates are still icy and the going is slow. Very. Slow. Few roads off the interstates are even partially clear.