Thursday, July 8, 2010

Freeeeeeeeee Bird!

We mean that in the literal sense. We tried the chickens on a bit of free ranging. They did just fine! They are getting so big even though they are really only 14 weeks old! I think they are just about full size but I'm sure they will fill out a bit more before they start laying. Our rooster is starting to get some pretty good sized tail feathers!

Oh and by the way - there is a very good reason that you haven't been seeing any knitting on this knitting blog lately - because I haven't been DOING any knitting lately!!!!! I swear, I bet I haven't picked up a pair of needles in over a month. For one thing, I have been doing a lot of reading lately and it is pretty darn hard to read and knit at the same time (although I know there are you wonder-multi-taskers out there that can do this!). The other reason is because it is HOT!!!! Knitting when it is hot and muggy is less than pleasant so there just hasn't been much of it lately. I did make a cute little squirrel dishcloth for my neighbor though but I forgot to take a picture of it. Just use your imagination - it was a teal blue cloth with a squirrel on it! :)


One chicken got a little confused about which side of the door she should be on!

2 comments:

Julie Petty said...

Try books on tape, love your chicken coop!

Turtle said...

lol, silly birds!