Wednesday, September 16, 2009

On to Clearwater

After we left Kris' house we headed out to Clearwater, FL. We have friends that live there too and we love going down there. We try to get down there once a year but we haven't been in about 3 years becuase of moving and the new house and all. We were really looking forward to getting back. Clearwater is only about 1.5 hours from Ocala so it wasn't a bad drive at all. Here is us getting into Dunedin (next to Clearwater).


While we were there we did a lot of biking and walking. On one of our walks down to the Dunedin Marina - we met this guy.



This is Walt. He lives on his boat and he kept us entertained for about 2 hours with stories of his travels. He was really a lot of fun. Much of our bike riding was in the rain - but we didn't care - we had fun anyway.....well, until we had a bit of an incident.

We were riding our bikes on the sidewalk (which I'm sure we shouldn't have been doing anyway) but when we were crossing a street I swerved a bit to avoid hitting the curb. Unfortunately, swerving a bit put me directly into the patch of a nice, hard steel pole. I tried to swerve and avoid hitting the pole but one of my handle bars clipped it. The next thing I knew, I was on the ground and my bike was upside down beside me. I looked up at Wayne who had this look of utter confusion, shock and concern on it while at the same time trying to avoid running over me. Luckily, he was able to slam on his breaks and avoid hitting me. I was fine except for a sore hand and a REALLY sore butt and I ended up laughing most of the way back. We joked about how sucky it would have been to have to spend some of our vacation time in the ER.


Then, later that evening, we went over to Burt and Tammy's house. We thought we would be really cute and knock on their front door and back door at the same time, to be funny, right? Well, Wayne walked around to the back of the house and it had been raining all day so the deck was really slick. He fell and hit his head on the deck - HARD. He yelled for me and when I got to the back he was curled up in the fetal position holding his head. It was really scary. I did a quick evaluation of him and we were able to get him back up and moved inside. Of course, me being a nurse and all, I was really concerned about this injury. I wouldn't let him drink and that night and I kept evaluating his mental stauts (confusion, dizziness, sleepiness, etc.). He was a little dizzy but that wore off and he ended up being fine - thankfully. So, we managed to avoid the ER yet another time for the day!


While we were in Clearwater I managed to get a picture of a lizard!




2 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Good Lord! Y'all are getting clutzy! Be careful!

Diane Bogino said...

He's a LITTLE dizzy all the time. : )

An anonymous writer. (AM)