Last week, Wayne and I started with this (this picture was taken before we even moved in):
All of this had to come out. Someone, way back when, decided that it would be a great idea to build an outdoor deck out of wood that is not pressure treated and then not do anything to waterproof it. Needless to say, it was falling apart and everytime someone walked on it I felt like we needed to have them sign a liability waiver.
Wayne and I spent a day doing this:
After all of that we ended up with this:
By the next day we had this:
Now we just need some railings!! We saved the wood that was savable for other projects
and the rest of it will be enjoying a nice, cozy campfire.