Friday, June 12, 2009

TGIF!!!

Woo hoo! It's Friday! Don't forget - there are still a couple of days to enter the latest Knit Witch contest - HERE.

AND - Knit Witch is sponsoring another contest for Miss Cristi the turtlegirl HERE. It's another pretty easy contest so check that one out too.

I am so excited about going and hanging with the Knitch crowd tomorrow! I'm so glad that wwkip day is falling on the same weekend for some other fun stuff in Atlanta. We are staying with my mom so THAT is always a good time too! My mom totally rocks. We'll be heading out for Atlanta tomorrow morning. I haven't been to Park Tavern in a really long time so this should be loads of fun. Also, I hear it is supposed to rain tomorrow - if it rains, they pour ($1 drafts!). Who can resist that.

I knit 2 rows on February Lady last night. 2 freaking rows! Kids, it's just too hot to knit. We use ceiling fans in our house because we like to leave the windows open. That's fine - I don't mind not running the AC at all but, for knitting, the high humidity totally blows. So, there just hasn't been much knitting going on around here.

This morning has been interesting. I have already rescued 2 tiny toads from being smooshed and a wren got trapped in the exaust pipe for our wood stove (I have no idea how he did that) so I had to rescue him too. Yesterday we rescued 2 box turtles out of the road and one came here to live with us (in the yard of course). Luckily everyone fared well and was happily released back out into the wild.

Oh, and I dyed some Washington Redskins sock yarn the other day in full preparation for us heading to the Superbowl this year! These colors work for FSU fans too I believe so if you are interested in some "team spirit" socks just let me know.


I hope everyone has a great weekend - I'm sure I will have plenty of entertaining pictures for next week!

6 comments:

evilsciencechick said...

Oh I'm sure the redskins will make it to the superbowl this year. Too bad they will be CLOBBERED by the Steelers! bwaahahahahahaaa!!!!

LittleWit said...

Have a great weekend!

HODGEPODGESPV said...

and have it for me...stuck at home!

Anonymous said...

I'm SO impressed with your videos on You Tube and also your website and blog.
Was having a real problem with yarn overs and I can't believe how easily you explained it on your video. Thank you so much.
I returned to knitting about 4 yr. ago and am truly addicted. I'm also an author with a novel coming out from Kensington Oct. 27, titled SPINNING FORWARD...women's fiction with a knitting theme.
Signed up to follow your blog and plan to return when I have more time to do lots of browsing here.
Best to you.
http://www.terridulong.com

Anonymous said...

hey how bout some team spirit colors for the defending Superbowl Champs? The Pittsburgh Steelers..... oh and it would go well for the Penguins too!! LOL sorry just had to plug my hometown!! Hope you have a great weekend!!!

Farmer Jen said...

I am not much into sports, but I do love that yarn color! When I first saw the photo it reminded me of the colors of a fruity popsicle I loved to buy from the ice cream man as a kid. Can't remember the name of it, but it was delicious. Cherry and pineapple I think.