Friday, March 20, 2009


Here's a picture of what Mr. Man had to do to the sink in my dyeing kitchen the other day.

I walked into the bathroom, which is just on the other side of the kitchen, and I saw water coming through the wall at the floor. Even as a "non-handyman" I know that can't be good. So I wrangled up Wayne and he went into action to diagnose the problem. Well, if you have been following the blog, you know that the guy who lived here before us didn't fix anything properly. Everything under the sink was GLUED together rather than properly repaired. Got a leak? Put some glue on it.

Yeah. Wayne had to bring out the big tools to actually saw the parts of the sink apart in order to replace the parts correctly. Sheesh.

On another note - check out the seedlings! We need to get some of this stuff in the ground soon - like the cabbage and lettuce, since they are more cold weather plants. These things are really popping up though!

Don't forget that TODAY is the last day to enter the contest going on HERE. I'll be randomly drawing a winner tomorrow and I will announce it in the group. Have a great weekend everyone!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess the good thing is that Mr Man is super de duper handy. Otherwise buying a house from someone who did shoddy repair work would be uber expensive!

Anonymous said...

I am so glad for you guys that MR Man is a handyman!

Farmer Jen said...

Wayne sure is good with those tools! And look at those huge and healthy seedlings!! Wow you are so far ahead of me this season.

Turtle said...

Oh your old homeowner. Ours was just the opposite, if one nail is good then add a wood screw, a bolt, caulking, liquid nail and maybe a bit of rebar or concrete for good measure. Ourselves and the neighbor fondly refer to him as "damn Carl" when we are doing things around here and dealing with these things.

Shirley said...

Your seedlings are looking great!

Zaneta @ Runner's Luck said...

thanks for your opinion!! :D I have them hanging in skeins out on the line right now!! :D

Anonymous said...

Your dyed yarn is soooooooo beautiful!

And what great seedlings! Yes you are so ahead of the game. That's wondeful!

Anonymous said...

i am jealous of your seedlings. i planted tomato plants the other day, and then started some seeds, but no green yet!!!

Karen Deborah said...

yeah me too! This is cool.