Friday, October 10, 2008

My Corner of the World

We try to get out for a walk everyday. We used to climb Stone Mountain when we lived in Atlanta since it was so close to us. But now, we have our very own "Stone Mountain" right in our backyard! The mountain behind our house provides a really nice walk and some great exercise. I thought I would share some pictures of our "trail" with you.

This is the road we live on. As we walked away from the house I turned to take a picture - that's our driveway WAY in the back of the picture.



This is the start of the hill.



The electric company has this painted on the ground.



It refers to this:



But I thought this was more entertaining:



Here are some random shots along the walk.







I'll post some pictures of what is at the top of the hill next week - I think you must be tired of looking at pictures from this walk by now!

Also - check out another Halloween contest! The entry for this one is easy too so be sure you go over and visit Jen's blog to get entered! She is giving away some yummy handspun yarn as prizes!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait to see the view from the top. It's quite lovely in your corner of the world.

Anonymous said...

It looks so peaceful!

Amanda in GA said...

Very pretty. It will be fun to see the view form the top.

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures! I miss Kentucky.

theyarnwhisperer said...

Mr. Man's pole is bad? Oh No! He's rather infamous for it so he should get that fixed pronto!
oh... and you should add me to your friend list on facebook, dude!

knittingdragonflies said...

I always love your photos, I just saw your roving in your shop. oooo pretty.
Vicki