Thursday, February 14, 2008

V-Day

I know, I know. Valentine's Day is WAY overcommercialized. People spend way too much money on overpriced flowers and cards and jewlery and candies and dinners and .............. well, just all kinds of stuff. I actually threatened my husband that he better NOT get me any of that crazy stuff since I don't want it anyway (unless we are talking about some nice merino or Knit Picks gift certificate or something useful like that). I don't like chocolate, I don't wear jewlery other than a wedding set and I don't see the point in spending a bunch of $$ on something that is just going to die in a few days. Dang, I'm a crabby Knit Witch aren't I?????

So, this morning when I woke up I had two cards from my wonderful husband, one from my wonderful cat and one from my OCD daschund and some FIG NEWTONS!! Haha!! Yay hubby! I love you SO MUCH baby so I just had to do a public blog shout out for you since some many of the nice folks that read my blog know you (or at least know about you.........pretty much ALL of you). SMOOOOOOOOOOOOCH!!!!!!!!




6 comments:

Just me said...

wait a minute - did you say "you don't like chocolate"? I'm sorry we can't be friends any more.... :)

Seriously - sounds like he's a winner!

Knit Witch said...

Yeah, I don't know but me and chocolate don't get along very well. I always feel yukky after I eat it so then I just don't see the point. I'm just not much of a "sweets" fan at all. I would much rather be eating cheese!!!

Yeah, he is a keeper FOR SURE!!! He is truly my best friend. Besides, if I kicked him out......who would make all the yarn bowls?????? :)

Carol said...

Hope it was a happy one! I share many of your sentiments. I hate to watch beautiful flowers die!

Happily Knit said...

awww. That he certainly knows you then :) I would also love a package of fig Newtons for valentines day, perhaps I should pass that along for next time. Hah, I love "something useful like more yarn or gift certificates" hahaha. SO TRUE. Have you seen those yarn bouquets? To me, those are the perfect combination!

Calicoknits said...

yarn bouquets? WANT! Oh who am I kidding - I'd be happy with the newtons or nutter butters. Those are my reward every time I give blood so I only get them 2 or 3 times a year.

STRJKTKNITTING said...

love that picture. He truly seems to enjoy wearing those ears more than you. What a neat guy.