Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!!!

And.....for those of you who know me and are wondering......YES Mr. Man and I actually managed to stay up until midnight! Trust me, we wouldn't have been able to if we hadn't left the house. We just went aross the street to the neighbors, played pool, had a couple of drinks and rang in the new year. It was fun!!

** Side bar **

Who saw Dick Clark last night? I swear the guy looks like he has been stuffed, pulled tight put on a stick to be operated by hand. I mean really, you can only say "Wow! That guy looks GREAT for his age for so long." then, it's time to hang it up. I sure would be interested in seeing his facelift bill. Don't get me wrong, I think the guy is amazing for all he has been through and done and overcome, but it's time to see someone else take over......even if it's Seabreast.

** End side bar **

Anyhoo, Wayne and I have had a great holiday!! Today has just been a hanging out, relaxing, drinks in the hot tub, collard greens and black eyed pea kinda day. We braved the cold and went out for a walk in the neighborhood and it felt great! Next two days......low of sixteen and on Thursday.....wind chill factor of ZERO. That's ZERO. Did you hear what I said? That's ZERO with a capital Z-E-R and O!! Ugh.....it seems like if it is going to be THAT cold then it should just go ahead and snow so we can stay inside forcibly. If you don't live in Atlanta then you need to know that even just a strong prospect of snow or ice pretty much shuts the city down so that no one (except nurses and media folk of course) have to go to work - hence my extreeme glee at being a nurse with an administrative job - yee haw. Which reminds me........I better get our "winter emergency supplies" up to snuff so we have everything ready for a possible ice storm and power outage. It ain't fun trying to gather up all of your emergency supplies out of the garage in the freezing cold dark! Sounds like a project for the next couple of days.

Hopefully the rest of the yarn I have ordered will be here over the next couple of days - yipppeee!!! I hope everyone has had a GREAT holiday!!!

2 comments:

theyarnwhisperer said...

OMG! I was stunned when I saw Dick Clark! I actually thought he was a lot older than he is (he's 79. I went and looked it up on the net when I saw how he looked on tv). He looked like a bad animatron or something. It was scary. He kinda looked like Bram Stoker's dracula when he was in vampire mode and not Gary Oldman-seduces Wynona Rider-mode.
The kids are driving me nuts to go to a yarn store. So, we may actually be going to Why Knot today instead of Knitch. Knitch doesn't have any cascade fixation and I'm in the market for some. I'll have to let my new GPS (we which affectionately named Esmerelda) tell me how to get there. Steven keeps remarking on how smart she is. I think one of these days I'm going to come home and he's going to be in the sack with the GPS system.

Calicoknits said...

Dick looks like the Meez version of himself - He may actually Be anime at this point. Isn't it funny how your presence is required at the local market if there is a threat of ice or snow? God forbid we should be trapped inside for the 30minutes it takes snow to melt around here.