Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas!!!

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day! We are doing a whole lot of NOTHING today really and I'm SO enjoying it! I made a lasagne yesterday and Wayne made two pecan pies. We are taking those down to the guys at the firehouse down the street in a little while. We figured since they keep saving Wayne's life, we would bring them a nice Christmas dinner while they are having to work on Christmas.

Then we are going to the neighbors for lunch around 1:00. Just found out about that so I guess I will whip up some yummy mashed potatos to take over there.

Wayne and I opened presents this morning. We kept it simple since we bought the new digital camera and the Tom Tom for Christmas but we got each other a few little things. Wayne got me LOTS of Burt's Bees handcream and lip balm and stuff (it smells SO yummy) and some fun stuff to keep me warm!!! I got him a couple of books on hand dyeing and a book (recommended by turtlegirl) on spinning (Teach yourself visially handspinning) which looks great and has a lot of really good information in it!

We are just so thankful to have each other and this wonderful marriage and a wonderful home together. We have more than we could ever ask for. We have a great marriage, great kids, great pets, great neighbors, wonderful family and friends...........what more could we possibly need!!


Wayne also got me a new set of sock DPNs and another set of Options from Knit Picks. I love having more than one of each needle size since I appear to be a WIP addict. Those will be here after Christmas.

AND.................I bought myself a couple of goodies!



The dark blue is Shibuiknits - 100% merino and it is SOOOO soft and smooshie!!! The other is a silk blend. I have no plans for these as of yet so off to the stash basket(s) they go!

The rest of my dad's sock yarn came yesterday and I ordered the WRONG stuff!!!!! So, I had to make another order (oh darn) but I acted like I was all upset about it.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!

No comments: